In the thick of summer, there's a crescendo of tomatoes here locally. Whether you're allured by the locally grown Amish tomatoes that we carry or the fruits of your own garden coming alive, we can assure you that there is no such thing as too many tomatoes. I've pulled together some of my go-to tomato tips, tricks, and a even a few must-make tomato recipes. Enjoy!
3. What’s for lunch? A BLT using our DLM Uncured Bacon, of course. Or, add a thick slice to your grilled cheese.
4. Craft a salsa! For an added bonus, we love it when tomato season and Hatch Chile season intersect! We’ll start roasting Hatch Chiles toward the very end of August.
7. Pair thick slabs with slices of avocado for an amazing breakfast toast, served on top of DLM Artisan Bread.
8. Too hot to cook? Take cues from the south and make a tomato sandwich. DLM Unbleached White Sandwich Bread, a good mayo (try Duke’s), and drippy slices of ripe tomatoes.
9. Grilling tonight? Cut into quarters or thick slices and char them up for a smoky-sweet side dish.