Pink wine, aka rosé, always elicits a smile this time of year because it’s springtime in a bottle! With bright fruits, crisp acids, and generally dry finishes, they’re perfect for an impromptu gathering on the patio or better yet, a picnic! Grab a picnic blanket, pour some rosé, and add these DLM favorites for a perfect springtime spread.
Step 1: Pick the Wine
- Terra d’ Oro 2017 Rosé: A blend of Grenache and Nebbiolo that’s delightfully dry with nuances of orange blossom and strawberry.
- Kim Crawford 2017 Rosé: A New Zealand find with a dry finish that we couldn’t resist that’s bursting with red berry fruit and a tinge of watermelon!
- Charles & Charles 2017 Rosé: Blend of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Mourvedre, Cinsault and Counoise.
- Bieler Père et Fils Rosé from Provence: Full of bright floral and citrus tones that just make you happy!
- Bierler Family Daisy: We couldn’t resist this daisy among the Rosés! Primarily Pinot Grigio with a bit of Riesling, Muscat, and Sauvignon Blanc.
Step 2: Choose Your Cheese
- Brie de Meaux: From the town of Meaux, in the region of Brie located just east of Paris, this cheese has wonderfully full lactic tones with a mottled, soft-ripening bloomy rind and earthy aroma.
- Société Roquefort: Having emerald-green veining and a creamy, moist texture, this sheep’s milk cheese is complex and rich making it perfect with a slice of pear and baguette.
- Comté St. Antoine Gruyère: Melts in your mouth with a flavor range from dense and smoky to sweet and fruity!
Step 3: Don’t Forget the Accompaniments
- Rustic Bakery Sourdough Flatbread: Organic and baked by hand with natural products, these flavorful crackers are perfect for cheese and wine pairings.
- DLM French Baguette: with a crispy crust and light airy interior and tasting just as if you were at a Parisian café, these baguettes are hearth baked everyday from scratch.
- Les Trois Petits Cochons Cornichons Piquants: The perfect punch of sweet and spicy baby Gherkins from one of our favorite purveyors!
- Les Trois Petits Cochons Charcuterie: Already sliced and ready for your charcuterie board, The DLM Cheese Shop has an assortment of Saucisson Sec aux Cepes, Saucisson Sec aux Herbes de Provence, and Chorizo.