After DLM throws the annual Food & Wine Show, we spend more than a couple of days reviewing all of the pieces that make this event so special. Now that we’ve had time to look back, I thought I’d share some fun Food & Wine Show facts!
• We were thrilled that the “Big Chill” waited until this week so we could get over 600 folks through our doors for the start of the party in less than 15 minutes!
• Happy to report that all fingers are accounted for after shucking 1,000 oysters and cutting 1,000+ pieces of sushi.
• Our servers happily trayed and presented over 4,400 individual hors d’oeuvres.
• We made batch after batch of cheese risotto finishing it in a 90 lb wheel of Grana Padano, which is similar to Parmigiano-Reggiano.
• We had a wonderful representation this year of wine regions and varietals. From rare connoisseur picks to everyday delights, there was truly something for everybody.
• We hope everyone enjoyed the live jazz music from band leader Mike and his mates. This year he celebrated 20 years of entertaining our guests during the show.
• We’re thankful for our 140 associates who help us put this together and make it successful every single year.
Thank you to all who attended this year’s show and to those who helped make this event unforgettable. Mark your calendars for the 2020 Food & Wine Show, happening Thursday, November 5. We are now ready for the holidays to begin!