Run—don’t walk—into DLM and fill your bowl with some of the sweetest cherries you’ll ever eat this holiday weekend!
We’ve brought in Skylar Rae cherries straight from the state of Washington and you need to taste them to believe for yourself how sweet and delicious these cherries are.
They are no ordinary cherry, either! This cultivar was discovered by chance in 2004 at Tip Top Orchards located in Wenatchee, WA. Skylar Rae cherries have an unique orange-red complexion, incredible firmness, and high sugars for an almost candy-like flavor. It’s pretty rare for any cherry to be both sweet and firm at the same time. This makes the out-of-hand eating experience so pleasurable!
This special and unique cherry is available for a very limited time, so if you are a cherry lover, don’t’ miss out! Or, if you are trying to get your kids to enjoy more summer fruits, this one will be a BIG hit. So grab yourself a bowl and make life extra sweet this summer!
See below for 7 ways to enjoy Skylar Rae Cherries
- Plop them on top of your favorite yogurt.
- Smear ricotta on a piece of toasted DLM Artisan Bread and top with pitted cherries.
- Use them as an excuse to make homemade cherry ice cream.
- Mix into your favorite brownie recipe along with some chocolate chips à la Cherry Garcia brownies!
- Pile on top of a slice of cheesecake.
- Make a fresh cherry pie.
- Relax on a hammock and eat them out of your hand!