We recommend a DLM Fresh Free-Range Turkey for your Thanksgiving meal. Follow these instructions to preserve its naturally tender and juicy gourmet flavor, and you will be on your way to the best turkey you have ever tasted.
1) Preheat oven to 325°F.
2) Remove turkey from plastic bag.
3) Remove giblets and neck from body and neck cavity.
4) Rinse turkey and pat dry.
5) Rub turkey liberally inside and out with salt and favorite spices.
6) Brush with butter or olive oil if desired.
7) Unstuffed turkeys tend to be more moist, so the preferred method is to cook the dressing in a separate pan.
1) Place turkey in a roasting pan. Breast side up for best table presentation. Breast side down for juiciest white meat.
2) Roast until turkey’s internal temperature is 165°F (making sure that thermometer is not touching a bone).
3) Remove from oven, loosely tent with foil, and let rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
4) If using a cooking bag, please follow the cooking bag instructions and cook until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
Watch my tips for cooking the perfect turkey on YouTube: