DLM Local Food Club Sign-Up
- Spend your food dollars with local farmers and producers.
- We will hand-select a box of our best local products for you to pick up at your DLM each week.
- By buying up front, we ensure you will receive the best that local farmers have to offer.
- We have created a Google earth map highlighting the local farms and producers.
What comes in a box?
- The exact makeup and number of items will depend on what is in season and available. Typically the early boxes will be lighter in weight because the heavier items like tomatoes, corn, and melons will not be available until July and August. Vegetables in the early boxes will be things like lettuce, radishes, greens, and Swiss chard. Fruit in the early boxes will be strawberries. As the season progresses, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, apples, and muskmelons will become available. A large box will feed approximately 4 people. A small box will feed approximately 2 people.
- For the options, here are some examples:
- Meat - Ground grass-fed beef, grass-fed stew beef, chicken, bison burger, etc.
- Dairy - Butter, milk, eggs, honey, cheese, etc.
- Bakery - Artisan Bread, Vera Jane's shortcakes, etc.
- Floral - Bouquet of local flowers, a hanging basket, or potted plant.
- Wine & Beer - A bottle of local wine or a 6-pk of local beer.
Please note: All boxes start with produce (fruits and vegetables) as a base. To calculate total price, multiply the above by the number of weeks.
For example, if you were to choose the Basic Produce Small Box along with Dairy Option for the early summer period your price would be ($20 + $6)
times 8 weeks, for a total of $208.
*Please note that tax will be added to the Floral and Wine options.