JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST:

RELATED ARTICLES

Warm Your Winter Table with Italian Wine and Cheese

By: Todd Templin | VP of Beer, Wine, and The DLM Cheese Shop
On: February 02, 2015

TENUTA MESSIERI ROSSO PICENO 2008

This wine is produced with 70% Montepulciano grapes and the remaining 30% of Sangiovese grapes. Intense ruby red color with aromas of dried red fruit and spices. Dry, intense, warm, full-bodied, and earthy with hues of dried red blossom; its structure and complexity makes it ideal with meat dishes such as our Pollo Ripieno from the Meat department.

2013 TENUTA ROVEGLIA LUGANA

Tenuta Roveglia is a family-owned estate located on the southern shores of Lake Garda in the Lombardy region of northern Italy. For four generations, the Zweifel family has dedicated themselves to creating white wines of excellence from the ancient clayey soil heralded since the Romans. Lugana Limne is 100% Trebbiano fermented and aged in stainless steel. It embodies the style of the region with a delicate, refined bouquet, a fruity palate with notes of peach, and a dry, subtle finish. It pairs perfectly with seafood dishes, light pasta, and poultry.

FATTORIA MONTELLORI CHIANTI

A very approachable, friendly style of Chianti that is tasting great now. Full of black fruits, medium tannins, and some soft earth tones.

CRUCOLO

We discovered this wonderful cheese on a trip to the Italian Alps a few years back, and find it such a lovely addition to a cheese plate. Crucolo is a cow’s milk cheese from Trentino-Alto Adige region. It is produced entirely by one producer, Rifugio Crucolo, and while similar in appearance to Asiago, it is softer, more pliable with a rich flavorful tone and a buttery, tangy finish.

TALEGGIO

This semi-soft cheese from the region around Bergamo gains flavor, and accompanying odor, as the cheese ages. The crust is pinkish-gray, and the paste is white, supple, and fruity. Allow to come to room temperature for best enjoyment and serve with apples, pears, figs, or in a pasta or risotto dish.

DOLCE GORGONZOLA

This spreadable Gorgonzola is supple and luxurious, with an unmistakable tangy creaminess. Spread thickly on a piece of crusty baguette, or use as an ingredient in your favorite salad dressing.