I might be biased, but why not give them something to talk about when it comes to the wedding cake? Make it memorable so that it leaves a lasting impression after the last song has been danced, all the guests have gone home, and again when the top tier is pulled out lovingly on that first anniversary. Whether it be that chocolate ganache filling or those hand-painted flowers that dance on the outside, the wedding cake is an opportunity to showcase the unique flavor of your wedding day, and we don’t take that very lightly.
In fact, we take your special day so seriously, we’ve totally revamped our annual Bridal Showcase at DLM Springboro, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. February 26, to provide what we feel like will be a highly engaging reflection of some of the hottest trends we are seeing in the wedding industry today. Bring your friends, family, or partner to our Bridal Showcase. We will feature several wedding vignettes, each embodying a different event theme, such as boho, Bollywood, rustic chic, and classic romance. Each setup will be bursting with ideas for how it could be brought to life through essential elements like the wedding cake, flowers, wine selection, and food. Did we mention that you’re invited to try it all?
To prepare for our Bridal Showcase, we let our imagination go wild with the multi-tiered cake shown, which embodies some of the hottest wedding cake trends we are seeing today—all in one cake. Here are some of the top wedding cake trends we are seeing this year!
- Tell a Story. Your cake is a blank canvas, so use that opportunity to tell your favorite love story. Each tier could be a different chapter of your lives together. Top it off with your actual silhouettes hand-painted on the cake.
- Tie in Texture. Slithered almonds, ruffle fondant, drapery, candy quins, white pearl sprinkles—add dimensional excitement with various textures.
- Art Deco Elegance. Ornate designs brought to life through icing add a Gatsby-like sense of grandeur. Tie in a monogram to add a touch of personalization.
- Almighty Metallics. Dazzle with eye-catching shimmer in any color, from golds and silvers, to pinks and beyond.
- A Rustic Touch. The rustic trend encompasses so much, such as the addition of burlap, lace, and twine. Or, bring it to life with icing rosettes or a rough-lined icing technique.
- Hand-Painted Perfection. The sky is the limit with this trend, as the cake is literally hand-painted with a brush. The designer can incorporate any number of designs, such as cascades of color, geometric patterns, and vintage flowers.
- Go Green. Think of added greenery and flowers as the accessories that really pull the outfit together and add that runway-ready “wow” factor.
- Golden Days. Gold is hot this year, and there are a myriad of opportunities to use this element, from hand-painted designs to accents and icing.